picture by Valérie Poulin
An interview with Serge the cat for the "Miaou-Matin".
- HELLO CATHERINE!
- WHAT IS YOUR WORK?
I operate the smallest caramel factory in Montreal. In 2008, socially involved and concerned with my fellow citizen well-being, with Erica (yes, yes the one who sews raplapla dolls!) we decided to unite our forces to offer the population a vital element for their happiness : caramel. In 2009, the secrete recipe is ready. Since, I’ve been making candy everyday.
- DO YOU HAVE A STUDIO ? WHAT 3 OBJECTS CAN’T YOU LIVE WITHOUT ?
I make everything in my small shop-studio, Gilford street. A thermometer, a scale and a marble table.
- WHO LIVE WITH YOU AND ARE THEIR NAMES ?
I live with my boyfriend (excellent), 2 blond boys (bright), 1 black cat (affectionate), I work with three Lovelies (fantastic).
- DID YOU HAVE A FAVORITE TOY WHEN YOU WERE A KID ?
It was a small rag doll, Églantine. She was tiny enough to fit in my pocket. She followed me everywhere. Today, she hangs out in Fé’s pocket.
- WHAT ARE YOUR THREE FAVORITE DESSERTS ?
Cream puffs. Mille-feuilles. Pavlova.
- THANK YOU, GOODBYE CATHERINE.